Monday, March 14, 2011

Musing Mondays (3)

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. This week’s musing asks…

Do you have a favorite children’s book? Either one that you loved as a child, or one that you discovered later, and still enjoy? Tell us about it!
When I was little, my momma read to me ALL the time; I had a lot of books and we also went to the library all the time. I remember going to library and leaving with a stack of books in my arms that was half as tall as I was.

I remember a few books that I made my mom read to me over and over. First was Whiskers and Rhymes by Arnold Lobel (of Frog and Toad fame). And the evil in me made her read the poem that she wanted to avoid because it got stuck in her head (bwahaha). This book is still awesome, with sweet, moving, and funny poems - if you can find it, you should read it :)

The other book, which I find strangely ironic, was titled Cranky. Alas, the interwebs have failed me and I couldn't find a link to this book. But it was about a little monster? creature? thing who was bummed that he had to go to bed at this bedtime. Then an evil witch came along and gave him a magic lantern so he could stay up late and play. But then THEN he was so tired the next day that he became a crankypants. Moral of the story: go to bed when your parents tell you to. I wonder why my mom loved to read this one to me...

Books to the ceiling, books to the sky, my pile of books is a mile high. How I love them! How I need them! I'll have a long beard by the time I read them.  ~Arnold Lobel

No comments:

Post a Comment