Monday, March 14, 2011

It's Monday: What are you reading (15)?

It's Monday: What are you reading? is a weekly meme from BookJourney.

Oh so many books have been read since last I posted way back in January. I am happy to announce that I actually managed to finish Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell in time for my book group discussion. It was a most excellent book, but it is a beast - pick it up only if you have time to devote to it. I've also completed another book club book, Still Life with Woodpecker by Tom Robbins. This book wasn't my cup of tea; I enjoyed the prose (Mr. Robbins has a way with words), but I couldn't get into the story (a princess in name only falls for a bomber in the last quarter of the 20th century). Annnddd, I also read all 10 of the Sookie Stackhouse books. The ice-pocalypse kept me from the library for a bit, so I took the opportunity to revisit one of my favorite book series and it was just as good the 2nd time around!


Currently Reading:
Pack of Lies by Laura Anne Gilman, the 2nd book in the Paranormal Scene Investigation series. Gilman also authored the Retrievers series, an awesome urban fantasy series from which the PSI series is a continuation.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. This is our current book group selection and the response to this selection has been overwhelmingly positive. I've been meaning to read this book for a while now and I'm excited to read it for our book group.

To be read:
The books currently sitting on my shelf, waiting to be read include:
Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman
The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
Insatiable by Meg Cabot
Inkheart by Cornelia Funke

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have some good books coming up - hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started Strange and Norrell a few years ago and got through about 400 pages before real life interfered. I haven't picked it up again since, but I would like to finish it some day. Sounds like it will be worth it.

    And oh! Hitchhiker! Inkheart! I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete