Thursday, April 8, 2010

FYI - For Stephanie Plum fans...

Just read this little tidbit from Entertainment Weekly:

Question: Did Katherine Heigl sign a contract to play Stephanie Plum in the first of Janet Evanovich’s book, One For the Money? —Regina

Ausiello: Yes. It’s the reason she’s sportin’ a darker ‘do. “I just knew when I got attached to the role that there were a lot of fans of the books going, ‘Huh? How can Katherine Heigl be Stephanie Plum?’” confesses Heigl. “I’m this little, like, uptight blond playing all these über-neurotic characters. I really want to deliver this character to the fans because I’m obsessed with the books and I have this idea in my head of Stephanie, and I know how disappointing it is to have your favorite book turn into a movie and it not be what you hoped for. And I know how exhilarating it is when they nail it and you’re like, “Yes!” Like the first Harry Potter I was like, ‘Oh my God, they created this world, not exactly the way I saw it in my brain, but in a way that totally fits and works and is awesome.’ And I wanted to do that for the fans of this book. I didn’t want to disappoint them, so I thought, ‘Well, I’ll just jump right in now and start walkin’ around town as a brunette and see if people buy it!’”

No comments:

Post a Comment