|I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am... I am a librarian.|
On Monday, January 23, I will be starting my first official library job with Mooresville Public Library as their Teen Librarian. I'll be working 22 hours a week. Come visit me on Mondays from 9-5, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12-5, and Wednesdays from 4-8. Most of that time you can find me here:
|MPL Teen Area - Isn't it glorious?|
|My new desk! I have a desk!|
MPL christened me with the name Savvy and I don't think they know how perfect that is. You see, I adore a certain man who uses the word "savvy" quite often. Maybe you've seen him before...
|"Son, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow. Savvy?"|
1) YA books are awesome. I'm particularly fond of ones that have some kind of magical or paranormal element or ones where girls kick butt. Ally Carter is a favorite.
2) I drink a lot of tea. Hot tea, that is. The way some people can't function without coffee, I can't function without a cuppa.
3) I don't share Girl Scout cookies. I'll share other cookies, but I'll protect my Girl Scout cookies like Gollum protected his precious. Only better. No Bilbo or Frodo will get his furry hands on my Thin Mints.
4) If the phrases "bow ties are cool," "allons-y Alonso," or "come along, Pond" mean nothing to you, we need to have a chat. You are clearly missing out on the magic and wonder that is Doctor Who.
5) I like big books and I cannot lie.
I totally can't wait until Monday! New adventure, here I come!