Monday, October 24, 2011

It's Monday: What are you reading? (19)

It's Monday: What are you reading? is a weekly meme from Book Journey.

It's apparently YA week for me! I love reading YA and that's all I've been focusing on recently.

I Read:
I just finished a great old-school YA novel titled Sorcery and Cecelia: Or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot. It was a great read and a lot of fun. See my full review in the post below.

I'm Reading (or rather, listening):
The Throne of Fire (Kane Chronicles #2), by Rick Riordan
I listened to the first audio book in this series a few months ago and absolutely loved the story and the readers. At the beginning of the book the narrator tells us that the paper copy of the book was based off of audio transcripts from our two main characters, so if you're listening to the audio book it's as though you're listening to the "real" recordings. The readers are awesome and the chapters switch between the male and female lead. I loved the first audio book, and I'm loving the 2nd, though I'm only on disc 4 of 11 or 12.

To Read:
Next on the reading list is Hunger Games. I know, as a YA reader and a librarian who would love to work with teens, I should have read this long ago. However, I'm not a fan of dystopian novels. Everyone I know who has read it has loved it, so I'm going to give it a try. I feel it's my responsibility to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment