Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Blogging updates

Oh, blogosphere, I have gotten lazy again and haven't posted in a while. My apologies. I finally finished Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, something that felt like it took forever. It was a great book, but it's a beast! (For full review, see today's review post.) Since then, I've been catching up on my pleasure reading - the last several months I've been reading books for school (particularly for my Materials for Youth class) or book group, most of which have been great. It's funny how satisfying it is to select the books you're reading when it's been a while since you had the luxury.

Anyhoodle, I first picked up a Jennifer Crusie book, Maybe This Time (see below for full review). And then, due to the Ice Storm of Death, or the Snowpocalypse, I wasn't able to get to the library to pick up my newest haul. So I started to reread the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris (if you're unfamiliar with this series, it inspired to uber-popular HBO show, True Blood). I loved this series, but I've only read it once through, and I often reread books I love. It's been a long time coming, and I have really enjoyed the process. I'm on Book 5, Dead as a Doornail, but will soon be turning to the afore mentioned library haul...that and our latest book club book, Still Life with Woodpecker.


To Read:
Still Life with Woodpecker, by Tom Robbins
The Looking Glass Wars (Looking Glass Wars #1), by Frank Beddor
Inkheart (Inkheart #1), by Cornelia Funke
Insatiable, by Meg Cabot

No comments:

Post a Comment