Sunday, June 6, 2010

List o' Links

I know I haven't been posting much lately other than my "It's Monday: What are you reading?" and "Waiting on Wednesday" posts, but school and homework have kept me mighty busy. That and I just had my high school 10 year reunion, which was a lot of fun, but still weirds me out. I don't feel old enough to have had one of those yet.

Anyway, here are a few links I've found recently and wanted to share...

Entertainment Weekly shares the 15 Perfect Pop-Culture Pairs. Props for including my favorites - Lorelai and Rory Gilmore. My personal runners-up include Chuck and Morgan (or John Casey and his Crown Vic), Howard and Rajesh, and Shawn Spencer and Burton Guster.

Check out an article from the guardian.co.uk about Literature's Great Sister Acts. My favorite sister act is the Haynes Sisters, and while this is a film duo and not literature, if you don't know who they are, we can't be friends. From literature, apart from all of the Austen girls, I'm partial to Sarah Addison Allen's sisters in Garden Spells

I love the books and the movies are craptastic, but this is seriously getting out of hand.

Finally, the LA Times presents Summer Reading: 60 Titles. This is one of the few 'recommended' lists that has interested me. The titles here are more than schmaltzy chic lit or literary-snootery - it includes everything from YA to soap opera vampires to poetry. There's something here for everyone.

So, what do you think? Who are your favorite pop culture duos or literary sisters? What makes the perfect summer read for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment